The Eastern Conference Championship will be decided with a ‘winner take all’ Game 7, Saturday night in Miami. The Heat put another stroke tonight on what has to be one of the best playoff series determined in a very long time in the NBA with a 98-79 victory in Boston. Lebron James had a classic game with 45 points and 15 rebounds. James from the start was parked down in the low block area and scored with physicality, being deliberate with shots. It was a far take from how James had been playing the last three games where after at first being aggressive, slowed down and settled for long jumpers. Tonight, although James made a couple of three pointers, all his shots were close to the rim.
The Heat also played stifling defense as opposed to the ‘swiss cheese’ defense they rolled out for Game 5 in Miami. Boston was outplayed, but until there are only zeros on the game clock on Saturday night, the Celtics will be ready to play and very ready to win. Here has been some of the great highlights from both teams thus far:
- Rajon Rondo 44 pts in Game 2 loss
- Kevin Garnett 26 pts, 10 rebs in Game 5 victory
- Paul Pierce 23 pts in Game 4 victory
- Lebron James averaging 32 pts, 10 rebs in series
- Kevin Garnett with 4 20 point games in series
- Udonis Haslem with 39 total rebounds in Games 4-6
- Rajon Rondo averaging 9 assists per game in the series
- Wade averaging 22 pts per game in series
The game on Saturday night will be evenly matched and as each game has been in the series, very competitive and hard-fought. Two games in the series has gone to overtime so another overtime game wouldn’t be out of the question. The Eastern conference Champion will offer a lot in facing Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals.